SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Experience IT Leader with over Twenty five years of experience who combines in-depth Industry and Technology knowledge with Innovation and Operations Excellent to achieve corporate objectives. Well-versed in regulatory compliance and IT governance to include Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). Adept at enhancing and overhauling business processes to improve productivity, efficiency and technical infrastructures / security. Uses Metrics driven focus on innovation and sound financial management to build world-class, global organizations. Transforms technology into a strategic business partner while optimizing enterprise processes to drive revenue, profit gains and cost savings.
Extensive experience with all IT infrastructure media to include, Cloud Computing, Mobile/wireless, Telecommunications Networks, LAN/WANS, Client Server and Mainframe Operations disciplines. Especially adept at developing and presenting complex technological solutions which support overall company business objectives. Skillful in the arts of vendor negotiations, expense reduction and resource management. Mr. Mays is a creative visionary with proven business, technical and leadership skills. Corporate positions held: Senior Vice President Corporate: IT Enterprise Infrastructure Services: Senior Vice President – General Manager: a $29 million Technology Services Integration company, Director: Telecommunications, Call Center and Network Services Computer Operations.
- Strategic Planning
- Network Engineering & Operations
- Unified Communications architecture, VOIP
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Virtual Call Centers / IVR infrastructure
- Infrastructure Compliance
- Infrastructure Program / Project Management
- Business Analysis & Development
- Wireless Mobile Technologies & Applications Solutions
- eCommerce Solutions
- Proven ability to build, lead and motivate top-performing teams of technical professionals.
- Excellent communicator and liaison between business and technology with a reputation for managing and delivering multiple, large scale projects on time and within budget.
- Led highly complex architectural initiatives that involve multiple business segments within large organization.
- Led the business, product and internal IT team to set the future technology direction of the enterprise.
- 17+ or more years of broad IT experience including architecture at the Enterprise level across multiple industries
- Extensive experience influencing large programs, initiatives, and technology direction across the entire enterprise within a Fortune 500 or similar-sized environment
- Extensive experience working with business directors/owners to solve complex issues and problems through properly leveraging technology
- Extensive experience developing products for sale commercially.
- Developed mobile solution product Roadmap for Insurance, Healthcare and Financial Services practice vertical to increase sales review by a conservative estimate $7 M - $10 M.
- Developed Device Engineering Architecture Solution Model: BYOD (Model included: Assessment of Current Development Environment, Solution Design and Deployment). Empowered end users to choose their own devices. Increased productivity, collaboration and mobility, reduced support cost 25%, simplified management, increased sales revenue 12%.
- Developed mobile solution product Roadmap for Insurance, Healthcare and Financial Services practice verticals. Developed the Enterprise Infrastructure Vision, Strategy and Roadmap to support 15% to 20% per year growth plans.
- Developed wireless Mobile technology architecture to support all mobile and remote staff resources and offsite branch locations and KIOSK ATMs resulting in travel, lodging and telecommunications cost savings of 21%.
- Led the reorganization of IT support groups to achieve better Business alignment and effectiveness of solutions delivery through effective QA engineering, change management and risk quality utilizing Continuous Integration (CI) practices improved employee satisfaction numbers by 25% while increasing development productivity by 20%.
- Led the successful IT network services integration /consolidation of multiple companies to one set of business processes and systems contributing to doubling market reach to 700 branches in 19 states.
- Led the Information Systems and Business Process due diligence, acquisition and integration process for the highly successful merger and acquisitions of $25 B banking companies.
- Led the successful implementation of common systems and services infrastructure consolidation project / program management across operating divisions into a 700 branch unified communications infrastructure, ecommerce , VOIP, Voice, Data networks, 24/7/365 Data Centers, virtual Call Centers, Video, Audio conferencing and Operations resulting in process improvements and cost reductions of $4 M, while achieving 99.999% SLA service level agreement for MPLS/WAN/LAN/WLAN/VPN services Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Led the collaboration with Business units and organizations to implement emerging technologies that enabled the organizations to realize over $1.7 M in annual savings.
National University, Los Angeles, Ca.
Bachelor of Business Administration / Computer Systems